Friday, June 7, 2013

life is interesting......

life is interesting...... twists and turns, ups and downs and all arounds.... the world we live in today is a rough place at times, but also a wonderful and glorious place to be at times. Everyday that we step out into the world we are bombarded by things that either will make our break us, to bring up our spirits or bring us down. but along the way of that comes critisum, lately i have had a lot of that coming my way lately, all in good hearted ness but at the same time is something that has been holding me back. Lately i have been asked "what all can you do.....? why not collect disability? why not just take it easy ?'' or my personal favorite "here let me do this you can not do that..!" i have had to sit and ponder these questions a lot lately, because 1. yes people are just trying to do whats best for me and i grately appreciate it. but sometimes it comes off differently. 2. it has thrown me off because all of my life i have been doing all of theses things. 3. because i have realized that i have let it enable me so that i am not doing all that i can/could be doing. I have come to the conclusion that they have all come that way thourgh good intetions but why do they come across as not?

in the last year of my life i have endured different things that a normal 22 does not usually have in there lives. My whole life up until just about a year ago i was able to live  the "normal" lifestyle, then all of the sudden in a 24 hour time period that was taken away from me not by my choosing, now when i have a bad day and i am walking funny or something is not working right, i am automatically placed into peoples mind that i have always been that way all my life and that i can not do certain things or i shouldn't do anything. why ? who says that i can't? why do they get to automatically choose what my limits are? i can do anything i want and i will do it. i may have bad days where i cant do much or it takes longer to get out of bed or whatever it may be, but i will still do what i can. this got me thinking what other things in life do others set the limits for us? do we set our limits to low ? do we not push what we know we are capable of doing but to scared to do it? i know for me there are times that i could have pushed a little harder, been a little better, tried more. i also got thinking do we do it to others? do we let others go by the way of just doing the bare minim they can?

are we not here on this earth to learn and grow and help each other to be the best that we can ? aren't we supposed to build others up instead of stunting them? in the world we live in it is perfectly acceptable to set others limits for them or to be able to set our limits only tell we are comfortable in doing not pushing to hard or far, because it is better to just do what we can so that if we go above that and we don't succeeded then we wont get hurt or feel sorrow for falling.we fall into those ruts and in turn think that someone else will do the things we want to and be so much better at it anyways. why? why does it have to be someone else that we think will better at accomplishing everything we want to.
in life we have to make the choices to either set our own limits and exceed them, or let others set them and never do what we really want to do or what we are capable. For me personally i knew that i could go one of two ways,i could either let being sick or being able to not do the things i had done for the last 21 years become a negative thing and only get by, by never pushing my self again for fear of loosing more abilities. Or the other way i could go is set my own limits and boundaries and be able to and make something positive out of the things that i can do. i will never in my life be back to my old ways, and i am grateful for that. my trials, my hard times, my challenges, my NEW limits and boundaries, have made me so much better of a person that i could ever have imagined to be. i know what it is like to be able to do anything in this world, and i know how hard it is to get it taken away  in a instant moment of time. but i now know that even in the changes of life of my life that i can still do what i want, not because others may think that i can and i want to prove them wrong. its because i know that i can do all things. the hardest things in this life are the things worth wild but have to keep going through the hardest things in life because the greatest part of it all is the joy of knowing that you were told at one time you could not do something and then you did it.

i am not a person that judges any one at whatever part of life they are at. i think that life is a wonderful learning experience. Full of experiences for us to make for the good or the bad, but only we can control what we will take from them. are we the critics of others or of our self's where we are stunting experiences or growth? I am grateful for every question that is brought my way regarding the things that i can and or can not do, because those questions make me stronger and able to set new limits so that i can do the best i can in all things. life is already hard enough with the world at a constant change, why do we feel the need to make it harder for either our selves or others by setting different limits or boundaries then what we know we really can do? i am not perfect nor do i ever want to be because if i was i would never be able to try a little harder and be a little better each and every day. i know where my past has taken me, i am confident in where the future will take me, but now in this moment i am grateful to be able to set my own limits and boundaries to lay the path for my future and set the past in the past.
     
                                   who knows if any of this makes sense. i hope it does. but don't ever let any one tell you cant when you  know you can. the only difference between can't and can is the attitude behind it.

                        keep moving forward and pushing your limits out of your comfort zone. :)

2 comments:

  1. You make sense. You sound wonderful. You inspire me. You can do anything and I love you! Thanks for writing again. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! You are awesome! love ya!

    ReplyDelete