Saturday, July 7, 2012

this is a blog created, mostly just to keep track of my story and the road i am on. for the background i am a 21 year old female, I have just gotten off serving a latter day saint mission in the new hampshire manchester mission where i served with all my heart, mind and sole for a wonderful 9 and a half months. right in the middle of my mission i became very ill. one day i could walk and the next i couldnt. i was extremly weak and would walk and faint every time i would take a step. we went to the er and they said it was a viral infection. the next day things got worse by the day after i was in the hospital again with they began to say that it was something called guillain-barre syndrom. basically something that effects my nerves and means my immune system fights against its self..... life then changed in a blink of an eye.... i was then addmitted to the i.c.u. floor where they were watching me to make sure that it would not go into my lungs....3,000 miles away from home, across the country, in i.c.u, with a life threating thing....all i wanted at this time was my family...but the lord came threw and bought a "foster-faimly" members of the church were there in a heart beat. my compaion never left my side and other fellow missionaires came to the hospital everyday to help support us. what a huge blessing.

i could not wrap my head around how sick i really was. it was crazy. i spent 5 days and 4 nights in the hospital. there were times that i thought i would not be able to ever make it out... but i did. there were so many ups and downs and all arounds. the most thing that worried me personally was there was/is a time where i dont remember short term things. my memory of one of the most important times in my life was gone...this blog will be the posts of me finally remembering things, what a journey, my whole life changed in a matter of moments. the thing i learned the most from this is, not to waste a moment of life. because all to often and all to much it changes way to quickly.

there is a plan and i must follow it.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your wonderful life and amazing story. I love and admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halee you are an amazing person and I am glad I get to call you my friend! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you started this blog! This has the potential for helping so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our amazing Sister Windley! We miss you Severely!!!

    ReplyDelete